Old tablet project, converting lcd slot to vga/hdmi

Old 05-16-16, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Old tablet project, converting lcd slot to vga/hdmi

So, i have an old tablet with a broken screen, and i want to make a gaming console from it with emulators, and i want to use the slot on the motherboard for the lcd, and convert it to somekind of vga/hdmi output, is that possible?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-16, 08:41 PM
I have never heard of that being possible I own an Ipad and there really isn't a way to add anything to it. You can charge it and even make it communicate with a computer but to add HDMI isn't really possible. I have heard of ways to communicate between a tablet and a television set but I don't know how that is done I assume through something like a Roku just like you would with a laptop or desktop by going to their website. There are others on this forum who have had tablets longer than I have so they may know more I know more about desktops or laptops.

Old 05-17-16, 07:49 AM
there is a way to do it on an android tablet with the otg cable, and thanks for the reply! i think ill try to rewire the slot on the motherboard

Old 05-17-16, 08:56 AM
You are welcome I just wish I knew more about the subject, I have only had my Ipad for a short time. I like Android tablets though they are cheaper to buy and work just as well. I received my Ipad for free from a survey place so price wasn't a factor. One of our moderators Rick Johnston has had a tablet I believe longer than anyone else here and should be able to help you further. Rick gets busy with his work though so you might want to send him a personal message as posts tend to disappear over time. Welcome to the forum!