Send Anywhere

Old 05-28-16, 04:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Send Anywhere

Just a curiosity post. Do any of you use Send Anywhere to transfer pictures from phone to computer or computer to computer? It is a free app that saves me a bunch of time. I take pictures of jobs with my phone and may want to email them to a client or post them on my website, or here. This app transfers pictures within seconds.

If not what do y'all use?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-16, 06:09 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't take or send many pics. Most of the pics that I take are posted here or on photobucket. I use a digital camera. I don't know if it matters but the owners of that site are in Seoul, South Korea.

Old 05-28-16, 06:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 52 Posts
I just attach the picture to the email message (Gmail) when sending with my phone. No app needed. I will also just attach the picture to texts as well.

Old 05-29-16, 04:15 AM
I have used the email and text method, but once I receive them, I have to put them in my picture folder. Send Anywhere does it in one motion.

Old 06-01-16, 10:07 AM
I use Send Anywhere but mostly for sharing files with others. I really like that once you share with someone they remain on your shortcut list so there's no need to send the access code again. Very handy. Just seems to be faster & easier across platforms (phone/pc/tablet) than other apps.
I don't like the 24-hour time limit but on those rare occasions where I need something to be available longer I still have Dropbox.

Old 06-02-16, 07:06 AM
Received 74 Votes on 69 Posts
I find IMGUR and/or any of the cloud storage sites (OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud) to upload or provide a link. The nice thing with the links is that you can keep them private to a select few or totally public.

Old 06-02-16, 08:41 AM
Received 26 Votes on 24 Posts
OK, I'm interested in "send anywhere" but I'm a wuss. So where would one find a download for vista the is safe. I found plenty of sites just no idea as to which one to trust. Make that a dumb wuss.

Thanks,
Bud

Old 06-02-16, 09:00 AM
I just use Google Photos. Synced across all devices, I can sign into my Google account anywhere and have access to all my stuff...

Old 06-02-16, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator
Received 43 Votes on 35 Posts
Bud, I would download it from the source: https://send-anywhere.com

Doesn't seem to be available for Vista tho, so you'll have to download the Web browser API. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and it's the one on the left.

Old 06-02-16, 10:11 AM
Bud,
For an android phone it's in the Play Store. For everything else I've always trusted download(dot)com.
The version currently there (0.11.27, November 2014) is supported by Windows XP/Vista/7/8.

Old 06-02-16, 12:38 PM
https://send-anywhere.com/web/page/download is where I downloaded it for windows. As guy48065 said, android and ios are in the stores on the phone.

Call me old fashioned, but I just can't draw myself to trust "cloud" storage sites. Somewhere, someone can hack it and there won't be any security. Send Anywhere cuts out all the storage, moving, emailing, MMS. It is a direct point A to point B transfer of your data.

Old 06-02-16, 01:28 PM
....oops....................................

Last edited by fshannon3; 06-02-16 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-02-16, 02:30 PM
Received 74 Votes on 69 Posts
Call me old fashioned, but I just can't draw myself to trust "cloud" storage sites. Somewhere, someone can hack it and there won't be any security.
Old Fashion ,

And you think Send Anywhere isn't monitored stored and looked at at some level? Especially if the participants may be linked to subversive activity as deemed by the government? As they say once on the Internet always on the Internet. I have no qualms about using cloud storage for ordinary things. I would never use it or the Internet to store or send private info or info that could be incriminating. But then again who here has not used the Internet to file their taxes? Be it government eyes or criminal eyes we are being watched. It's just a matter of degree and how much interest you might generate.

You can say want you want about trying stay off the grid and sound altruistic but in this day and age you are a number from birth stored in a computer for any future reference.

Old 06-02-16, 08:18 PM
The NSA can look at all my construction pictures until their brain fries. Although they may be seen by others, I don't compare the 5 seconds it takes to transfer the pix to cloud storage where the data sits there like a fish on a bed waiting to be caught by someone. It is a convenience to me.