Keep getting "print" popup in Yahoo mail

Old 08-09-16, 07:41 PM
Question Keep getting "print" popup in Yahoo mail

All of a sudden I keep getting a popup message every time I hit the p key.
I get "do you want to print message xxxxx?" No I just want to type the letter P. Its not the keyboard or mouse as I tried the laptop and it does the same thing. Any ideas? no other email that I use does this. Its only when typing a email.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-16, 07:54 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 214
I don't know the exact answer to your problem but in looking around I found the following article and it looks like the P is supposed to open the print dialogue.

How to print an email from Yahoo

Perhaps another user has experienced the same problem and has a reply.

Old 08-09-16, 09:01 PM
I can't really say for sure myself either but if you are using Firefox I do suggest that you block pop-ups on the Yahoo page and hopefully that should solve your problem. I used to use Yahoo when I had a messenger account but that has been a long time since I used messenger. I hear now that Yahoo will no longer have messenger.

Old 08-09-16, 09:46 PM
Now another issue. If i hit the E key it archives the email into the archive folder. What is going on all of a sudden?

Old 08-09-16, 10:38 PM
Now another issue. If i hit the E key it archives the email into the archive folder. What is going on all of a sudden?
Not really sure as again I haven't recently used Yahoo mail. I am wondering though are you using a browser to retrieve your mail or an e-mail program? If using a program most do let you set up the ways you retrieve your mail and if using your browser then Yahoo I am sure has a way to turn off certain functions like keyboard short cuts for instance. I would look for something like a gear on the Yahoo page and see if that has your settings and you should be able to change them.

Some free e-mail though has limits on what you can and can not do so you may be stuck unless you change e-mail providers. I do use AOL free e-mail service and I don't have those problems. I do have two free accounts too but I wasn't able to set up a third so they may have a limit as to the number of free accounts you can have. Anyway it is a thought and it may solve your problems. They usually like to text you a set up code so be sure to have your cell phone handy if you decide to go with AOL.

Old 08-10-16, 04:42 AM
Reading Pete's article if I click the box before an email or if I open an email and hit 'P' the print box does open.

... Its only when typing a email.
If I 'reply to' or 'compose' an email, the print box doesn't open after typing P.

Odd

Old 08-10-16, 04:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It sounds like the ctrl key is stuck.