Software for remodelling?

Old 01-04-17, 11:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Software for remodelling?

I'm looking for a software solution to help me manage a remodel. Ideally, I'd like a cad like solution that will let me draw out the dimensions and be able to modify existing drawings on a new page or file to test out different ideas.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-17, 02:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Search google for autocad alternatives. There are a few sites with a list of possibilities.

Old 01-05-17, 04:21 AM
Bricscad (https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/) and Autocad (Autodesk | 3D Design, Engineering & Entertainment Software) are two of the best, but they are not cheap. Both offer free trials. If you can get the drawings finished during the free trial you can download the free DWG viewer from Autocad which leaves the layering intact. Or plot the drawings as PDFs.

There are also some freebies out there, but none stack up to the feature sets of the above.

Old 01-16-17, 06:30 AM
Check out a browser based CAD solution called Onshape. It can be used for free providing anything you design can be publicly viewed.

https://www.onshape.com/cad-pricing

This is a full featured 3D CAD program designed for professional cloud-based use.

Old 01-17-17, 09:46 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 9 Votes on 8 Posts
I've used a product called Home Plan Pro. It has a free trial and is $40 to purchase. I used it for a couple projects and it works quite well. I found a few things to be a big quirky, but it may be because I learned on AutoCAD.

Be sure to read the getting started guides, the biggest issue I had was drawing walls, but following their instructions makes it easier.