Scan to computer

Old 01-28-17, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Scan to computer

I have a HP Pavilion 6720f cpu running Win 10, with 8 gigs ram, and 1 tb HD. I also have a HP Officepro 8600 plus multi function printer/scanner using wifi to connect together. How can I scan a document to my computer? I haven't figured out how to do it. Can anyone help??

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-17, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Do you have the full HP software installed?

You can initiate a scan using the printer front panel, or you can open the HP scan software and initiate it from there. Full instructions in scan section of the manual: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf

Old 01-28-17, 03:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There should be an icon on the desktop that says HP Solution Center. If that isn't there, look at the panel on the printer itself. Either way, you should be able to access the scan function. If neither exists, your install maybe incomplete.

Old 01-28-17, 09:34 PM
like CarbideTipped said, do you have the hp software installed on your pc? if not then download it directly from here http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwa...600_1315-1.exe

here's the link to the actual drivers page for the 8600 HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

if you already have the software installed then go to start and search for hp or see if there's a folder under the start menu related to the printer. You might have a scan application there. Or like it was also mentioned from the screen on the printer itself. If you have the software installed the printer should list your computer by name, select it as destination and the image should open on your computer, either with an hp viewer or the default viewer of the file. At least that's how most wifi scanners work.

Old 01-29-17, 05:53 AM
Many thanks. I had lost my manual and now I have a new one. I didn't think about getting one back. I really appreciate it.
dinky

Old 02-10-17, 12:13 PM
Received 28 Votes on 23 Posts
You might check the Windows 10 program, "windows fax and scan" which I've found works fairly well (using Brother MFC scanner) without actually needing to install the manufacture's entire fax and scan program.