DeskJet 840C Printer keeps blinking

Old 04-11-17, 10:36 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DeskJet 840C Printer keeps blinking

Product Name: DeskJet840C
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
It worked fine last week when I had Charter (Spectrum). Now I have AT&T. Everytime I try to print on my DeskJet840C it just blinks on the third one from the top.
The top one is the power button
the next is the one you hit to feed the paper into
and the third one is the one that blinks if you are out of ink. I have ink!
Maybe its a driver or something. I have even pulled out the cord in the back of the printer for 45 sec. I have also restarted the computer twice. How do I put a driver on?
As soon as I hit print....it starts blinking.
Yes....it worked fine last week.
Kyle

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-17, 03:05 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
We need some more info such as modems & routers. What did you have & what do you have now?

Old 04-11-17, 03:40 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,026 Votes on 952 Posts
I doubt it's a connection problem if the printer is acknowledging a print command.

the third one is the one that blinks if you are out of ink. I have ink!
That would be a good indication of needing a printhead.

I've been thru so many HP printheads that I will no longer buy an HP inkjet printer.

Old 04-13-17, 04:59 PM
Z
Received 13 Votes on 13 Posts
If an installer for AT&T played with your equipment he may have installed a new driver and/or firmware for your printer (see post #2). That could cause new behavior.

Old 04-13-17, 11:48 PM
H
Your printer is an older model so I doubt very seriously that it has anything to do with the router. As to whether your internet installer installed any software that could conflict with your printer that is a remote possibility. I doubt that though as while I base this solely on my own experience as a FIOS customer I can fairly safely say that no software was installed on your computer by your internet provider, at least it wasn't in my case. Of course each case may be different and I am not familiar with how AT&T installs its service.

I would do a virus check as that can cause problems with your printer. If you have no viruses then you may need to try to find a printer that will work with Windows XP.

Old 04-14-17, 08:16 AM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I'm still waiting to the OP to answer my question. However, Epson Workforce works with XP.

Old 04-14-17, 01:01 PM
Z
hedge-

I agree it doesn't seem very likely an installer would be fooling with printer drivers and firmware - even for a network printer you would think fooling with that stuff would be unnecessary - and if that printer isn't even on the network (if one exists) then that would be bizarre to mess with the printer.

It seems like I have heard of modem/gateway installers updating printer firmware - but maybe I am confused about that. It certainly doesn't seem to make sense when you think about it.

Old 04-15-17, 09:04 AM
Z
Maybe (probably) it is just a printhead problem as PjMax suggests and itís just a coincidence that it happened when switching to AT&T. But as has been mentioned previously more information about what changes (if any) occurred when making the switch to AT&T would be helpful.

Old 06-01-17, 06:17 AM
W
Received 17 Votes on 16 Posts
Printer

Remove and re-install the ink cartridges.