Accessing gmail with my Windows live mail account

Old 05-22-17, 08:41 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me how to access (link) my g-mail with my desk top Windows Live Mail account? I lost all these connections due to a "Social Hack" on a not-for-profit Charity organization of which I am the Chairperson. Fortunately, the bandits were unable to access our Bank Account, but they devastated my g-mail and other accounts. If you can help me get my Live ail working it would be awesome..thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-17, 05:51 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
https://support.ihouseweb.com/suppor...dows-live-mail

Follow the instructions on that site. By social hack, do you mean social engineering? Who was tricked?

Old 06-04-17, 02:02 PM
A
: Accessing gmail with my Windows live mail account

Thank you for answering my question. First, by "Social Hack" I meant that my computer was compromised by a hacker and used to send emails to the accountant for a Charity Board that I Chair, in an attempt to have her fraudulently send a large amount of our money to an account in a different part of the country. In the process, my Windows Live Mail Account, which received my mail from my gmail account, was disabled and so far I have been unable to get my Live Mail account up and running again.
Unfortunately, the Instructions you sent me require I turn on the ability " use less secure apps", but since I am using the two-step password process now for Google, it won't let me do it. I have downloaded back up codes that worked to get my Blackberry receiving my gmail, but the codes I generated for Live Mail are rejected.
Not sure where to go from here.
Very confusing!

Old 06-04-17, 03:25 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I can understand why you don't want to reduce the security of gmail or Windows Live. I don't trust either of them. If I were to use gmail, I would want to login directly. It might be better to forget about Windows Live. If you haven't changed your passwords, change them now.

Old 06-05-17, 09:21 AM
A

I understand. Its clear in today's Internet environment that users need to pay attention to your advice. You can'ttake anything for granted.

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-05-17, 09:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 71 Votes on 64 Posts
In G Mail go to settings (Looks like a gear upper right corner). Click on that and click on help. In help type forward and instructions there/