Epson WF 2760 all in one

Old 06-25-17, 10:48 AM
P
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Epson WF 2760 all in one

Please bear with me as I am a bit confused. I had an HP and after downloading HP connect, I could use my phone, chromebook or laptop and find my SSID then enter the router's password to be connected.
I ran an ethernet cable from the printer to the router to do so. To my knowledge wirelss was not involved except to go from router to my home secure network I set up with my router.
WiththisEppsonIcannot find my printer. I am not set up wirelessly and was told to use Cloud print for the Chromebook and iprint for the phones. When I do this it does work.
I used the ethernet cable to get the best security but I need some direction.
Although this works, I am not sure how and how secure it is.I am used to using the ethernet cable and connecting to my secure home network from my router.
I know it seems like there is no question here - that is because I am a bit confused about the best way to get secure and don't understand how they told me to set up.
Can I set up the way I did with the HP above?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-17, 11:44 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just recently bought one of these printers from Amazon.com Peterr about almost a month ago or so. Kind of hard to remember as I have had health issues and have been busy going to doctors. To help clear up any confusion you may have I will try to help you as best as I can. On the printers screen if you want to you can set up a wireless connection. If you use wireless though us WPA as your encryption on your router and not WEP. Ethernet should be secure and as you have seen you can use either method.

With the printer if you look under Epson you should find a users guide that can help you further. I just found out about setting up the wireless by scrolling through the screen on the printer and then finally finding a place to put in my wireless key, as I do most things upstairs since my office is in my basement. Look for the Epson Connect icon on the printers screen to set your wireless up correctly or to set it up for ethernet.

Old 06-25-17, 01:09 PM
P
secure

Is it better to go wirelessly or with the enabler/ iprint which is your secure network?

Old 06-27-17, 04:35 AM
P
Sorry to bother but I know you had one of these Epson's.
I was set up to use iprint for my phones and cloud for the Chromebook.
I then tried wirelessly and did not see any place to put mt password in.
if you follow the wizard shouldn't the password be there?
\
Are you familiar with iprint and cloud ready? I hope they re as secure as wifi as they read that way.

Old 06-28-17, 12:48 PM
H
To answer your question as to whether it is better to go wireless the answer would be yes and no at the same time. Wired for the most secure network you can have and wireless for those things that can't be wired like Ipads for instance. Never as secure as wired but as I stated with WPA encryption it is about the best you can do.

As to connecting your other devices go to your printer and select Epson Connect and then select how to and the printer will guide you on the screen. Look for wireless settings and then look at your routers encryption as printed on the side of the router and you will see its pre-assigned encryption. However that may not be exactly as it says on the side as you can access your router by using your browser. If nothing was changed then it makes it easier and if it was by your installer then you may have to reset the router to its defaults. Usually a very small indented button you reset with a ball point pen.

On the printers screen if you look through Epson connect you will see that you can also reset the printer to its default stage if you make a mistake. Be sure to wright down the WPA encryption on your router as it is long and hard to remember. If you have Verizon Fios those routers are easy to change the encryption. The default for most Verizon router is http://192.168.1.1 and a handy web page that trouble shoots their routers can be found here https://www.verizon.com/Support/Resi...leshooting.htm.

My printer works really great with my router and once you look at the router page and find your router if you have Fios I think you can then get your printer to talk to your router. I have a phone number for Epson but will not post it publicly I will instead send you a private message so you can call them. It is not a toll free number however and it is in California but the only number I could find so please look for my private message.

Old 06-28-17, 03:47 PM
P
I was told to use Cloud ready for the chromebook and iprint for the android phones. I have no other pc to connect. I wondered how to connect to my secure router's network.
I have Comcast but I don't see a issue there.
I'll try to be in touch b/c I am not sure of what you are telling me.

Old 06-28-17, 03:54 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Wireless security depends on the type of encryption & the password used on the router. The only time that I've see that the printer was directly vulnerable was when someone gave it an external IP address. Obviously, you aren't going to do that. WPA2 & AES encryption is what you want to use & your password should be 15 characters. To hack that, a hacker has to be within 200 feet or so. He has to deathenticate one of the clients, capture the handshake & crack it using aircrack & huge wordlist. That's not an easy task. A 15 character password can take forever to crack. I just heard of another way but I can't think of it at the moment.

As far as the cloud goes, the only thing under your control is your password. You can not improve it's security. The true definition of the "cloud" is "someone else's computer" I've seen T shirts with that on it.

Old 06-29-17, 01:12 AM
H
On my IPad I had to install an app for the IPad and the printer to be able to work together or as it is called by technicians to hand shake. You will have to find a Chrome app for your laptop and your phone for you to be able to print from either device. For Microsoft Windows users either download the software or use the disk and then select wireless during the install.

Old 06-29-17, 04:37 AM
P
hedgeclippers

I used the wifi wizard and when it found my ssid I just clicked ok.
Mt router is set to WPA2 etc so am I ok or do I have to do the passphrase at the printer ? I did noe see the opportunity.

Old 07-01-17, 04:27 PM
H
If you used the EPSON Connect wizard on the printer all you need is the routers pass phrase or as it is also called ssid on the router usually unless as I mentioned before you or someone else changed it. You have to scroll through the Epson connect wizard on the printers screen to set it up for wifi. It is located on the bottom left of the printers screen.

Old 07-02-17, 03:39 AM
P
connect

I will make note of that and if I had another pc would use it.

I have a Chromebook which uses Cloud ready and a phone which uses Epson enabler from the store.

I now know what to use if I want wifi and have another computer.

This is all information the company gave me. You can use Epson iprint too. I guess there are many ways to do this depending on what you have.

My printer cannot find my chromebook so that is why I use cloud ready.

Does this sound right to you?

Old 07-02-17, 10:46 AM
H
That sounds good to me. Personally I never cared much for Chrome books for in part the reason you state and that is connectivity or lack of to a printer. They do have some good points in that they are lighter in weight and they are just as good for the internet as any other computer. I was hoping for your sake that the Google App Store would have a good app for your Chrome book. I am not a fan of Apple but on my IPad I have a great printing app.

Old 07-02-17, 11:39 AM
P
chromebook

I gave one to my wife who is totally pc illiterate to surf and does email - she loves it.
It is quite secure and I am beginning to like it for baking and travel.