3.3v -5v DC

Old 07-08-17, 11:37 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3.3v -5v DC

Im trying to make a cheap as possible motion activated sound box. I have a cheap $2 PIR and a $1 audio decoder with a preamp out. my plan was that the PIR would power the audio decoder since they are both 5v but now that I have them in my hands I found out that the output signal on the PIR is only 3.3v which I guess is what those little computers like raspberry pi or arduino use. well I dont want to spend $30 for one of those so I paid $1 for a DC booster thats the size of a dime. 1-5v in 5v out, to put inbetween the PIR and the decoder. well once ran together, the signal line out from PIR feeding the booster and sharing a ground with PIR neither the PIR or the booster work. Im guessing its because that ground is 5v and the PIR out is 3.3v but im not tesla so idk DC voltage very well. are their any engineers out there that can point out whats wrong here or maybe point me in the direction of a cheap raspberry pi set up?

back story. this is for a haunted house. we want to make 5 of them total and its our first year so money is limited. all we want is a motion sensor to set off a sound file on an sd card when someone walks by.

Sponsored Links