computer won't recognize dvd player windows 10

Old 10-06-17, 04:30 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
computer won't recognize dvd player windows 10

I am trying to play a cd on my computer or at least download it to itunes but my computer will no longer see the dvd player. I don't think I have used it since upgrading to windows 10. I also tried it on my laptop and same thing. Any good suggestions? Thanks

Old 10-06-17, 05:05 PM
D
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Go to system in the control panel. Click on device manager. Is there a yellow exclamation point or red X next to the DVD player? If there is try to upgrade the driver. If that doesn't work, determine what DVD player is installed & download the driver from their web site.

Old 10-08-17, 06:12 AM
H
Received 166 Votes on 145 Posts
This is a common problem, Win-10 sometimes fails to detect the drive, then puts in a wrong registry code.

login as administrator
pull up a Command prompt, i.e. old dos interface
start the registry editor by typing "reg.exe" hit enter

add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

If that's a bit too, technical, you can search on line in cnet or some dedicated computer forums for a more detailed anwer.

Old 10-08-17, 01:01 PM
K
I was able to fix the problem, at least on my desktop computer. I haven't tried the laptop yet. I use the fix that I found with this link. I used Method #4 and it seems to have taken care of the problem. Hope this helps someone else.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...other-programs

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: