Dell 200MMX replacement keyboard? Unique?

Old 05-10-01, 04:09 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Hello,

I have the above desktop computer, which is 3 years old and the keyboard has taken a dump.

A coworker gave me a keyboard he had, which was a universal Windows replacement.

It is identical, except that the pin that plugs into the back of the CPU is different on the original Dell than this one is.

I tried to take it apart to see if I could swap the wires from the two units, as there is an intermittent failure with the period and letter K key on the original.

Can anyone shed any light? How do you get these things apart? Are there hidden screws? Can I buy an adapter to convert this keyboard to work with the Dell??

Thanks for any replies.

Old 05-10-01, 10:53 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you can buy an adapter to hook up this keyboard to your Dell. Keyboards are so inexpensive these days it is impractical to attempt to repair them. I have dis-assembled several just to see whats inside. Even repaired one that had soda spilled on it but now "been there, done that". Purchase the adapter or a new keyboard.

Good Luck

Old 05-11-01, 03:36 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Thanks and got it!

Went to Radio Shack with both keyboards. The guy gave me an AT/PS2 adapter fitting and that did the trick. A little tight, since it's an angled piece, but both the mouse and the keyboard are now working fine!

Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: