Chrome browser and Google Drive screen view

Old 06-23-18, 05:30 AM
Upvotes Received: 40
Chrome browser and Google Drive screen view

As the title describes, I seem to have a problem viewing documents or spreadsheets in the browser. If I open anything in Google drive (using GOOGLE CHROME browser) the doc or spreadsheet or anything will flash momentarily in full screen then as it loads it will only fill two thirds of the screen with the bottom half of screen blank. This does not happen in any other browser, only Chrome.

I don't know how I got into this mode and I don't know how to get out. All other web sites or screens are normal. It's only Google drive apps. Using any other browser all is normal.

It's driving me nuts.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-18, 06:41 AM
Upvotes Received: 3
Online documentation on the subject suggests using the F11 key to go to full screen. I also notice a "full screen" icon (blue color) on your tool bar.

Old 06-25-18, 04:42 PM
The picture I uploaded is a full view of my screen . F11 will remove the tool bars but the screen is still only half filled. The browser only fill half the screen. but only when using Google Drive apps. Any other browser uses the full screen.

Old 06-26-18, 10:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 8
I would suggest disabling all your extensions or starting up in safe mode and see if Chrome does the same thing.

I've seen extensions do weird things, and that seems just strange enough to be caused by a rogue extension.

Old 06-26-18, 06:38 PM
Xorfdt,

Thank, you thank you. That is in fact what is causing the problem. Now all I need to do is turn each one back on until the offending extension reveals itself.

I should've thought of that myself. I've had similar problem in Firefox due to extensions. Thanks again.

Edit: It's Zoom for Google Chrome 2.4.1.0 this is the culprit.

Old 06-27-18, 07:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 8
Glad to hear it worked Norm! Extensions are great... but can sometimes be quite a headache.