Windows Networking Passord

Old 05-18-01, 05:59 AM
How can I keep the Windows Networking password box from popping up at boot? I have not entered a password, just me on system. I always just click ok, but I would like to stop that aggravation.

I think I've seen the tip before, but can't find it.

Anyone out there know?

Thanks

ps...am running Win98 with network card for cable modem

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-01, 06:43 AM
From Microsoft Knowledgebase Article Q152104

1.Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network.

2.On the Configuration tab, click Windows Logon in the Primary Network Logon box, and then click OK.

3.When you are prompted to restart your computer, click No.

4.In Control Panel, double-click Passwords.

5.On the Change Passwords tab, click Change Windows Password, select any of the check boxes that you want, and then click OK.

NOTE: If you cancel the network logon dialog box when you start your computer, the Change Passwords tab may not be available. You must log on so that the Change Passwords tab is available.

6.In the Change Windows Password dialog box, type your current Windows password in the Old Password box. Leave the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes blank, click OK, and then click OK.

Old 05-18-01, 07:29 AM
That did it!

Thanks

Old 05-27-01, 07:27 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool

FYI There is a program called "TweakUI" and it also takes care of this anoying little problem but goes much further. It takes the little shortcut arrows off the desctop icons, repairs icons and other files. It generaly helps "Tweak" windows in a very effective manner and at a small size.

Search this Thread