Setting up a Pix-Link Wifi Extender

Old 08-02-18, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Setting up a Pix-Link Wifi Extender

I purchased a Pix-Link AC1200M to use as a repeater to extend my wifi range of my LAN. This is a model LV-AC09. My problem is the set up instructions are not very clear and the Pix-Link website offers a pdf file for a manual, but the file can't be accessed. I was able to get to the mywifi.com site finally and think it set up. It accepted the security code for my router and counted up from 1 to 100%. But, the signal strength lights just blink when plugged in. It doesn't seem to matter where it is plugged in - near or far from the router. All three are blinking. What does that mean? The circle button does not show any green. How do I know if it is working?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-18, 03:22 PM
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Old 08-02-18, 04:00 PM
That came with the repeater. I used the wireless repeater section to set up the device. However, the pictures and explanation under the "LED Explanation" do not discuss continuous blinking lights. All three blink all the time whether the device is next to the router or in another room. They never stay on.

Old 08-03-18, 09:22 AM
Since the manual describes the LEDs as being functional for ďRepeater ModeĒ and describes how to read them in that case, and says nothing else for those LEDs (as you say), my guess would be the setup did not work properly for Repeater Mode, and the device is not connected to your router.

I would double check how you did the setup.

I donít mess with WiFi very much (just a few times), but canít you log into your router (not the repeater) and determine whether or not a connection was made between the router and repeater?

(I think this is the manual for the 09, looks a lot like the 05)

https://fccid.io/2AOQ6-LVAC09/User-M...al-3762346.pdf

Old 08-03-18, 02:15 PM
Well my bad. Thinking more about this I'm not sure whether logging into your router would help at all. It's a repeater, so I guess you won't see anything at the router. But... I still think you should check the setup for Repeater Mode.

Old 08-03-18, 02:24 PM
I appreciate all your help as always. I have tried all that I can think of and all I get is the blinking lights. All three blink, no matter whether you are on top of the router or far away. I am now giving up and returning it for a refund. Thanks again.

Old 08-03-18, 05:27 PM
That manual is not good IMHO. We used to have tech writers that would read manuals we wrote for our systems and have us re-write parts and whip it into shape. They were great at their job (they would have taken the mystery out of that LED usage). I donít blame you for returning it. Good luck!

Old 10-19-19, 04:38 AM
I had an issue with this wifi router, after I used the wizard to setup for a wifi repeater I could connect to the repeater wifi SSID but was unable to access the internet. This is what I found. After setting up as a repeater you need to get back into the repeater wifi router. Now you may need to go to the DHCP assigned list in your main router and find what address the Wireless-N device has been given. Connect to the wifi repeater with an ethernet cable and browse to that address. Once you are in the wifi repeater router, go to the Wifi setup and select the Security button, it will probably show as OPEN next to the security button, select the wpa2psk option instead of OPEN and then enter the password for your main wifi router access in the Security Key . Now remove the ethernet cable and connect to the wifi repeater router using the wifi and test to the internet. This worked for me.