Alexa Echo Versus Google Home?

Old 09-30-18, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Alexa Echo Versus Google Home?

If your not an Amazon Prime member can you still enjoy Alexa? Or would you go straight to Google platform?
I have been trying the Alexa Echo Its a nice feature having the screen with some visuals. However if your not prime member, I have been experiencing a limit on the amount of music, otherwise it is nice to get a quick summary of the news & weather etc
What did you buy?

Would like to to hear the Pros and cons of both?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-18, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Received 96 Votes on 76 Posts
I have the Echo, but I also have Amazon prime, so can't tell you about limits. One pro would be if you're thinking about getting any Ring devices (which I am) it works with Alexa since it's owned by Amazon. Also, if you order something from Amazon, Alexa will alert you to a delivery.
If you were to get Nest devices, that works with Google.

I know, none of that probably helped much!

Old 10-01-18, 08:29 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I bought a google home donut. Right off the bat I am finding the echo seems to be a bit more user friendly. I have a bit of trouble getting googles volume to understand the levels. they both seem to have their pros and cons. Wish the echo had a plug in the back. everything seems to be very dependent on blue tooth and wifi.

Old 10-02-18, 10:25 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 84 Votes on 79 Posts
They are both reasonably identical. I've seen more Amazon Echo's around, they seem to be a bit more versatile and more 3rd party tools as well, likely since it's been around longer.

As for music, I used Pandora for a while with it "Alexa, play pop music on pandora" (for example). I ended up opting for the Amazon unlimited music though because I liked being able to ask for any music genre or artist. It's pretty cool.

At the end of the day though, I'm sure it's like the Apple/Android wars, they are both good products. Since I have the experience with the Echo, that's what I would recommend... but I'm sure you can find some Google zealots too