Win2KPro and USB

Old 05-22-01, 05:37 AM
BSB
Has anyone had any problems with usb and win2kpro? The last time I enabled usb win2k would not start up. Just kept flashing logon-logingon-saving personal settings. Would never boot up. Now I have reinstalled win2k and 98 dual boot, but would like to set up usb to use my printer and wingman force feedback, but I dont want to have the same problems. I dont remember if I had latest via chipset drivers loaded last time or not. Took me 2 days to finaly get everything loaded back up, and would rather not go thru that again.

Brian

p.s. I hate plugNplay irq settings!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-01, 05:53 AM
I never tried that configuration out, but have your usb ports enabled before win 2k is installed, so it sees it at the time of install, so hopefully it will configure it accordingly. check both for microsoft updates, and the motherboard site for updates. If you have a legal copy of win 2k, ask microsoft support , they should be helpfull, as well as any technical support provided by the motherboard manufacturer.

As I mentioned , having the usb enabled at the time of install may force win 2k to modify its settings at that time.

Old 05-23-01, 08:19 AM
BSB
I knew you were going to say that.

Search this Thread