Assus z390

Old 03-04-19, 11:06 AM
Assus z390

Does anyone know of a tutorial to change Legacy to UEFI for this mother board o one like it.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-19, 01:06 PM
Here is an article that explains how to do it if you are using Windows 10. I think as they state in step 1: backup your system just in case. If you donít have Windows 10 I think you have to do fresh Windows install to convert to UEFI. A bummer!

But is it really worth it to convert to UEFI from BIOS if everything is working OK now? I know there are some security benefits and you can handle much larger disks with UEFI, but is that worth some risk (although probably small) to convert now? Maybe it is. Iím not that familiar with UEFI. Just some food for thought.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/conve...efi-windows10/

Old 03-04-19, 01:11 PM
legacy

Thank you - I thought the changes could be made in UEFI and you did not have to use a partition manager.

Old 03-04-19, 01:33 PM
Yea, there are significant differences between the old stuff and new stuff for sure!

Old 05-28-19, 12:49 PM
disable secure boot

I started this thread so I thought it appropriate that I give what I think is the answer because I did lean on quite a few people and the thread was quite extensive. In order to disable boot on z 390 ASUS motherboard on my TUF Gaming Plus Wi-Fi set one has to go to firmware> Advanced. From advanced to secure boot and change secure boot mode from UEFI to other, exit and save changes. This disables secure boot. To enable it, the reverse is done. It can be verified through either system information or Security >Device. I hope this helps someone who follows me with this issue who wishes to use some Linux distros.

Unfortunately, ASUS, and the builder did not provide the correct fix nor did any forums I tried including the ASUS forum.