Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Storing pictures

Visiting Guest

05-28-01, 06:34 AM   #1  
Chanel
I am what is called a computer dummy. I get a lot of pictures sent to me of my grandchildren & like to save them, but I wonder if they take up too much memory? I have just put them in a folder in my Outlook Express.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

05-28-01, 09:12 AM   #2  
mikejmerritt
Chanel, I suppose that the answer to your question would be relative to how much free space you have on you hardrive. I don't do a lot of picture saving and when I do get a bunch I send them to a CD-R. Not so much to save space but for backup. What I find is a 650 megabyte CD-R will hold so many pics you wouldn't believe it. I have two that I use and neither are full and I must have a few hundred on them. These are various sizes and stored in Documments and opened with IE so I can edit them for size until sending them to CD. In short, unless you only have a 2 or 3 GB hardrive with a lot of programs you can save a great many pics with out problems. Something to consider is online storage as a backup if you don't have a backup system that can handle it....Mike

Search this Thread