Windows 10 account problem?

Old 04-25-19, 07:48 PM
Windows 10 account problem?

Ive gotten this notification about 5 times now in the past 4 months, sorry the picture is a little blurry but you should still be able to see it. It shows up in my notifications when I log into windows 10 pro 64 bit. If i click on it to proceed It takes me to account settings where it then says everything is okay... Ive sent an email to microsoft to see what they say but its been 2 days and still no response so I thought I see if anyone here has ever seen this message. I know for sure I didnt change my password, thats for sure.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-19, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Upvotes Received: 40
Windows 10 is different from previous OSes because you can log in with a local Windows account or with a Microsoft account. Do you recall creating a Microsoft account?

Old 04-26-19, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Upvotes Received: 28
Has your computer been updating (talking about Win10 updates)? I'm thinking probably not. The last time I saw that message was when my husband got a virus (or something) on his laptop. I followed all the advice I could find to stop the message, but nothing worked. I finally had to revert back to factory installation option and reinstall everything.
Only way to fix it, sorry to say.

Old 04-26-19, 10:14 PM
i have avast anti virus that scans daily and the whatever came with windows 10 that scans randomly and it never finds anything. I only have a local account and I run all the window 10 updates it always suggests.

Old 04-27-19, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Yeah, he has all that on his laptop too, and it didn't actually find anything either. However, something went on the background that caused that to happen.
Anyways, you're asking about that message and I told you what you have to do to fix it, regardless. I left a couple of links but nothing will fix it except what to start over. If you don't mind seeing the message all the time, and everything else is fine, then just try to ignore it.

Here's a couple of things you might want to read over:
https://windowsreport.com/you-need-t...osoft-account/

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0a13435?page=1

Old 04-27-19, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator
Well good luck with that. When I say I tried everything, I mean everything. You'll just get a message that it can't be repaired. But if it works, let us know.

Old 05-10-19, 06:36 PM
Finally got the message again so I ran that diag scan and got the error - (microsoft can't connect to the sync service). So im going to look into that. Im sure it has something to do with that. The only answer I got from microsoft was "uninstall any 3rd part antivirus software" which I tried the last time I got the message and I still got it this time.

Old 06-11-19, 04:10 PM
Upvotes Received: 9
That looks suspiciously to me like a virus or malware.

Don't "select here"
Don't click on buttons or spots or blue words in email messages followed by entering your user name or password for anything.
Don't use that window to change passwords with.

I have never heard of a sync service.

Can you stlll use and run programs and apps and browsers normally?