How To See My Password As I Type It

Old 08-12-19, 08:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
How To See My Password As I Type It

I have an iPhone. It is very difficult to key in something without fatfingering or making a typo. I want to see a password to check it for correctness instead of asterisks before I hit Done or Enter..

Iif I can't see it I may make so many mistakes that it locks me out and it is a holy terror trying to answer security questions and go to my email to get a security code and key that in to reset my password.

All the Google sources say go to settings and view saved passwords. But it is not saved in the iPhone.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-19, 03:14 AM
Received 20 Votes on 18 Posts
I haven't tried this, but could you type it in Word and then copy and paste where needed, that is if you can get to the Word or other document.

Bud

Old 08-13-19, 04:30 AM
Group Moderator
Received 164 Votes on 154 Posts
I don't know about the iPhone but on my Android phone whether or not the password is visible depends on the app. Some apps only show dots, others show what you are entering and some allow the option to toggle between the two.

Old 08-13-19, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 35 Votes on 29 Posts
Passwords are stored on the IPhone. If you go in Settings, scroll down just a little bit and you should see "Passwords & Accounts", but that's on IPhone 7. A different version may look different, but should still be there.

As far as being able to see the password, PD is right in that it depends on the app. There's no option to make them all visible.

Old 08-14-19, 12:42 PM
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Thanks anyway.

Old 08-15-19, 09:54 AM
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
The term you're looking for is "echo." If the password is displayed as asterisks rather than characters as you type, "echo" is said to be turned off. If it displays the characters you're typing, echo is on.

I can't directly answer your question but the work-around I use (that works in everything from Windows to Android) is first type my password into a note taking application, then copy it. In Android, a long-press on the text opens the Copy tool. Then move the end selectors so you've encompassed the text you want, and press "Copy." Click in the password line and select "Paste."