Hewlett Packard Deskjet 812c

Old 06-03-01, 05:06 AM
hippy553
Visiting Guest
Angry

I have a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 812c. When you turn the printer on the ink carriage goes all the way to the right, then comes back to the left and the turns off. This happens everytime you turn it on. The only way to keep it on is turn on the printer and open the lid,this brings the ink carrage to the center,after closing the lid the carriage will move over to the righ and stay on.When you try to print it draws the paper in, the ink carriage moves to the center and the it stops,a message comes up on the computer that the printer carriage is jammed both the power light and the resume light blink at the same time. I have tried the self test with the printer by holding the resume button in until it prints,but it still does the same thing.I have checked the ink cartridges as per hewlett packard they are a c6615a black and a c1823g color. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-01, 05:39 AM
Swamprose
Visiting Guest
Hp 812c Printer

Hi hippy553, Swamprose here. I happen to see your post and couldn't find if it had been answered or not. But I also have the same printer, and it works fine except for a minor problem. I'm wondering if you have the software that came with your printer, and the book. I have both, and in the back of the manual the troubleshooting guide suggests for us to use our HP DeskJet Toolbook that came with the printer. If you don't have the software, I can try to zip and send you a copy. You can also go to their Consumer Care website:
http://www.hp.com/support/home_products. The correct ink cartridges are Black HP No. [15] [equivalent to C6615A]
Tri-Color HP No. [23] [equivalent to C1823 Series].
Hope this will be of some help to you. I've found using these ink cartridges do the job up right.

Old 06-03-01, 03:42 PM
hippy553
Visiting Guest
Thanks Swamprose I'll give it a try.