computers

Old 06-07-01, 05:48 PM
Visiting Guest
my computer was acting up so i rebooted it,every since then i can't get on internet.It will start to dial ,then it will say no dial tone ,i've checked the phone line and it is working ,some times it will say querying moden,i've run check on moden and even tryed re-inslalling it

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-01, 04:44 AM
BSB
turn the sound on under modem options, so you can hear it pick up. If you hear no sound, uninstall modem,shut down, physicaly remove modem from pc, then reboot. shut down, reinstall modem into pc, reboot, insert drivers when prompted.

If you dial in and still do not hear a dial tone with sound on, you may have a bad modem. you may also want to try a different isa/pci slot if you have a free one. You may have to go as far as doing a clean install which requires removing registry info..I would suggest locating one who can help you with that and not screw up your system. Or if you feel extra gutsy, you can back up your registry file, then browse and delete anything that has your modem name and driver associated with it. As a last resort.

G'luck.

Brian