Canon MG 3600 won't feed paper

Old 04-07-20, 08:40 AM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Canon MG 3600 won't feed paper

My Canon MG 3600 series printer is maybe 3 - 4 years old. But that shouldn't matter!

Lately it won't feed the paper, the error message pops up that paper tray is empty even though it isn't. Sometimes it tries, starts to, feed the paper and right away I can see it is going in slightly crooked, then either it doesn't feed or jams! I've adjusted the paper alignment tabs.

I've followed Google/Canon advice. Cleaned every part, the rollers, etc., I could easily access. It made no difference. I'm using regular new, sheets of printer paper. When I "test print" it works fine! When I carefully gently push one sheet of paper through at a time it goes through.

Any ideas?

Old 04-07-20, 10:08 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 189 Votes on 169 Posts
Just to clarify, when you test print from the printer (pressing and holding whatever button does that), the paper feeds correctly consistently? That would indicate it's not a mechanical issue.

If that's so, I would check your paper size settings in the driver and print dialog screen. Maybe it's trying to pick a smaller page size for some reason.

Old 04-08-20, 05:47 AM
A
Received 131 Votes on 120 Posts
The rollers may have become hardened due to age and/or slick from processing so many sheets of paper in years past.

Have you used appropriate cleaning fluids (sanctioned by the manufacturer and possibly including alcohol) as well as water to clean the rollers?

Old 04-08-20, 02:23 PM
B
thanks, I will check the paper size now and get back to you with hopefully good news.

I did carefully clean the rollers per Canon/YouTube instructions.

Old 04-08-20, 02:57 PM
B
In researching how to adjust the paper size, driver, print dialogue I found I found Canon: Cleaning the Paper Feed Roller instructions. I was able to follow the instructions, it "seemed" to be working, but I only printed one sheet. Hopefully when more printing is needed it will keep working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: