iPad no longer will open threads

Old 06-13-20, 05:33 AM
C
Received 15 Upvotes on 14 Posts
iPad no longer will open threads

My account works fine on desktop but quit this week on iPad. I can view the list of topics for all forums but can no longer open any threads. Clicking on a thread opens a new window and the address shows that the thread is being accessed. Then, it reverts to the previous opening page address but results in an empty page???

I have gone to iPad settings and Safari and cleared history and cookies. Still the same. I have logged out several times. Even tried accessing without logging in. Just cannot get it to successfully open any threads. I do not recall making any other settings changes prior to this issue. What should I try?

Just went to this site via Google app and it works fine. So I assume it is a Safari thing. But still don’t know what to do to fix it.

Old 06-13-20, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I sometimes use an IPhone with Safari and am having no problems with that, so I don't think the problem is Safari. I have an older IPad that I haven't used in a while, so I'm charging it up to see if I have any problems with it or see if I can find out what the problem might be. Will post back later.

Old 06-13-20, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator
In the meantime, have you shut down and restarted your IPAD? That often fixes things.

Old 06-13-20, 07:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Or make sure you have the most current version of browser.

Old 06-13-20, 07:35 AM
C
Received 15 Upvotes on 14 Posts
Just figured it out. I added an app called Wipr a couple of weeks ago. All worked fine for the first while. Must be they changed something on an update that caused this issue to show up. I disabled Wipr and now the problem has resolved.

Many thanks for the assistance.

Old 06-13-20, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Glad you figured it out. Everything was fine on my IPad, so figured it was something else going on.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: