CyberPower 825VA UPS Turns Off And On

Old 10-04-20, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question CyberPower 825VA UPS Turns Off And On

This just started. I don't think it's the battery because it is plugged in. I hear the beeps it makes when it loses power. It keeps turning off for a second, then on again for a second of so. I checked the outlet ... it is fine. Is there a way to repair it, or is it junk now? Thanks for reading my post.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-20, 03:55 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 684 Votes on 631 Posts
The battery is the only user replaceable part in the UPS. Anything beyond that and you'll need to be ready to identify a bad component on the circuit board and replace it.

Old 10-04-20, 05:57 PM
J
Received 269 Votes on 233 Posts
Are you sure the power is OK? Small blips that you might not notice will trip a UPS. Some are more sensitive than others.
Unplug it and see if it holds power under battery. Leave it unplugged for a short time and see how long it lasts. If the battery is bad it will shut down quickly.
If the battery is more than 5 years old it is probably in need of replacement.

Old 10-04-20, 08:05 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
The CyberPower UPS I have does have a battery check circuit that's supposed to tell you when the battery is going bad. There's a menu item that should tell you the run-time.

I wouldn't think the battery would cause the controller to cycle like that, so my guess would be a control board issue. But one never knows.

Old 10-06-20, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Arrow Sure the power ok

I hooked up a new UPS in the same plug and it is working fine so it is not the outlet. When it is unplugged all power goes off. I was thinking the battery would not be involved when the UPS is plugged in. That on and off cycling while plugged in makes me think it is something other than the battery.

Old 10-06-20, 09:40 PM
J
Received 269 Votes on 233 Posts
When it is unplugged all power goes off.
Indication of bad battery.

Old 10-06-20, 11:16 PM
Received 25 Votes on 25 Posts
I had a CyberPower AVR UPS the unit would use the battery if the incoming AC power got to high or low or the AC line frequency drifted (extremely rare unless you are using a generator for backup power) The upper & lower voltage bounds are usually adjustable on the unit VIA software or front panel button pressing. If all power goes out when unplugged as joed stated that is the #1 symptom of a bad battery. Can you post the full model number of the UPS? The unit can also have an internal problem with the inverter circuitry but there would usually be an indication of that VIA the front panel and/or the software that is installed on the computer