Voice mail indication on Android phone

Old 10-26-20, 07:25 AM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Voice mail indication on Android phone

I used to have a phone that told me, just by looking at it, if I had new voice mail messages. Now I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (an older phone) that does not do that. I have to call my voice mail to check. I canít find a setting to change to correct this. Does anybody have any clues for me? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-20, 07:45 AM
H
Received 111 Votes on 97 Posts
It depends on which version of Android you're running, but generally

Settings- Display, gestures, Buttons- Notification Light,
The you have a checkbox menu under "Flash LED For Notification
(calls, voice mail, messages, calendar, mail, alarms)

Old 10-26-20, 11:29 AM
T
Mine has "Application Manager" under "Settings", but for some reason my phone app is not listed among the many other apps that are listed. My phone app is just called "Phone", with a green icon w/ a telephone receiver--probably the one that came w/ the phone. There is no "Display" or anything else like that listed under Settings. Maybe mine is so old it does not have that function? Should I try another phone app?

Old 10-26-20, 11:48 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 687 Votes on 634 Posts
A lot will come down to what version of Android you have on your phone. I think your phone is about 7 years old so some modern apps might not work on such an old version but you can try and see if they work. Updating the operating system is an option but is not without risk as your phone might not have the horsepower and memory needed by a more modern operating system.

Old 10-26-20, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 722 Votes on 668 Posts
My phone has Visual Voice-mail v 5.20.0.7. Its on Google Play.

Old 10-26-20, 05:46 PM
S
Mine is a Samsung Galaxy S7, about a year old. What I don't like is I'll I get is a 'Voicemail activities' indication. That could also happen just by calling into voicemail to check messages. After I do that, I'll hear the typical alert tone again and I have to clear the notification manually. Such a basic function that worked fine on all the previous non-smartphones I had.

I wish the cell co. (Verizon is the carrier) had an option to send an email when there's a voicemail. You could at least send it to the phone # @vtext,com to get a text. That's what I do with my business and home voicemail. It would be an additional alert that there's a new voicemail.