Outlook Express

Old 06-16-01, 12:56 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Question

Hi Everyone: I have Windows 98SE! When I try to access Outlook Express for my mail SOMETIMES I GET IN AND SOMETIMES I DON'T. I say I get in 3 out of 5 times! What can I do to get in ALL THE TIME? I have very little mail in there. Do you think I should re-install it and where do I go to download again? ALSO SHOULD I UN-INSTALL THE FIRST VERSION FIRST? If possible let me know ALL 4 answers or I'll be lost! Thank You All in advance Tom

Old 06-17-01, 10:25 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Error

When you say you can't access what do you mean? What error message are you getting? No Socket? Not taking your password? Not connecting to the net/ISP? Is this Outlook Express 5? Or the original? If not 5 then go to M.S. updates and download the newest version. It's fairly large so you may wish to download overnight if you have a 56K connect. More than likely it's your ISP and their password recognition software. You may want to check with them and make sure they are using an M.S. based email server...

Old 06-17-01, 10:57 AM
T
Outlook Express5.

Hi Bigmike: I have the latest version of Outlook Express and what happens is I put in password and it accepts it then just freezes and the message I get when hitting ctrl+alt+del is that Outlook Express is not responding (Duh) I new that! Then I have to close out and go back to Outlook Express again and this time it is ok. The internet service tells me to re-install and I did that 2 times. Still the same! Tom

Old 06-17-01, 10:57 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Outlook

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using ? Reason I ask is that with version 5.5 I had lots of problems accessing Outlook until I re-installed IE5.5 and then all worked fine.

Old 06-17-01, 12:21 PM
T
HI 808: I do have IE5.5! When I first installed it then it was fine but now (no) TOM

Old 06-17-01, 12:44 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Outlook

Have you tried re-installing IE5.5 as Outlook is contained within the program itself ?

Old 06-17-01, 12:51 PM
T
Will Try Again!

Hi 808: I'll try it, and it might take a day or so to see if it is working competely right Thanks Tom

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: