Pantum printers

Old 11-30-20, 12:24 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 97 Votes on 85 Posts
Pantum printers

Anyone have experience with this brand? I have to print things for work and the fuser on my HP printer has failed so the toner is not getting set permanently to the paper. Now that it needs toner as well, I'm thinking about replacing it instead of repairing it. Came across this one but I've never heard of the brand.
https://www.amazon.com/Pantum-Wireless-Printer-M6552NW-Efficiency/dp/B08HLV5T67/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Pantum+All+in+One+Laser+Wireless+Printer%2C+M6552NW&qid=1606721122&s=electronics&sr=1-3

Old 11-30-20, 11:41 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
I've never heard of that brand before. It seems to be a Chinese company - not implying it's better or worse... just a newcomer to the US market.

Myself and another mod always recommend the same Brother Multifunction printer to those who are looking for a good quality laser printer/copier/scanner.
https://www.staples.com/brother-dcp-...duct_IM13AV411

Unfortunately it looks like it's out of stock at Staples and Amazon, so it may not be much help as a recommendation.

Old 12-01-20, 09:35 PM
S
Group Moderator
You've had good luck with Brother or just that particular model? It's been many years now but I worked for a software company where all of our customers who had Brother printers had issues so it's a brand I've shied away from up till now.

Old 12-02-20, 10:56 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
Both actually. I've bought probably about 20 of that (and the older version) for employees, and they've all lasted. Also have a couple that are constantly shipped around - and they hold up pretty well.

That said, no one makes great printers anymore (like the old HP LaserJet models)... They are all pretty much disposable as far as I'm concerned. Use them for as long as they last, then replace them. It's an unfortunate example of the 'disposable economy' that we have... but that's a discussion for another thread.

Old 12-02-20, 02:02 PM
S
Group Moderator
Yeah, I've never had a better printer than the HP laserjet I bought back in 1998....

Thanks for the assistance.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: