Phone problem

Old 01-19-21, 08:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
Phone problem

Bought a new Alcatel phone. Tried to download pictures to my computer, says phone "denied access" Tried 3 different computers one W7, one W8.1, one W10. Same thing. Tried another phone, downloaded pictures on all three. . Contacted Alcatel, they say "not their problem contact Total Wireless. Contacted Total Wireless, they say not their problem, contact Alcatel. I figure it has to be a "permission" problem. Even the manual says nothing about downloading pictures. Have you ever seen a phone that could not download to a computer? And I am using the USB cable that came with the phone. It is model # TCL A508DL, if anyone has any ideas?

Old 01-20-21, 05:04 AM
C
Received 6 Votes on 5 Posts
Sometimes the phone will have a pop up when it connects to ask what you want to do once connected. Share files, just charge, upload pictures. See if a pop up is on your phone while connected. Also see if your device shows connected on the computer side. If not that could be a drive issue on the pc.

Old 01-20-21, 06:00 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 782 Votes on 719 Posts
I believe your problem is more Android related. A couple years ago one of the Android updates made connecting a phone to a computer more difficult and limited for security. When you plug in the USB there might receive a notification asking what to do. You have to select which device, the computer or phone will control the connection. Then you have to select what the USB connection will be used for. I think the default is for "no data transfer". If you don't get the notification look under tools and USB settings.

Old 01-20-21, 02:44 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
You can usually send your photos to your email. Then using the pc download the pictures from the email. Or maybe try bluetooth share if your pc has bluetooth.

CasualJoe voted this post useful.
Old 01-20-21, 03:47 PM
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
Have you ever seen a phone that could not download to a computer?
Yes. If I connect my iPhone 11 to my Win10 PC and open it as a folder, the folder is empty unless I have previously unlocked the iPhone. In typical Apple fashion, there is no error message or explanation. It took me quite a while to determine the phone had to be unlocked (passkey entered) in order for it to allow visibility of its contents.

Old 01-20-21, 03:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
This phone is unlocked.............................................

Old 01-20-21, 05:38 PM
C
Received 6 Votes on 5 Posts
He doesn't mean unlocked as in for the network. He means you have to allow access to the phone from the pc. That usually involves responding to a notification on the phone allowing access. I am not familiar with iPhone to tell you what it says.

Old 01-21-21, 09:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
This is not an Iphone. ...............................................

Old 01-21-21, 01:05 PM
F
Received 30 Votes on 23 Posts
Have you tried what Pilot Dane suggested? Look in 'Settings' for 'Phone Settings.' Under Phone Settings look for something about USB, like USB Connection. Open that and select "File Transfer."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: