Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Block

Visiting Guest

06-23-01, 08:21 AM   #1  
sparkys
I have a friend that is "always" sending me "fun pages" joke pages, etc. I'm not talking just once in awhile. When she send them it is always 6 - 10 at a time. I have ask her please don't do this, for then I always get the advertisements from them, but she contines to share with me!!! How can I block her emails from coming into my server. I have went into messages and tried to block her that way, but for some reason it still comes through. I have put her email address in my "blocked sender's list and that doesn't work. Help!! Thanks Sparkys

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

FL

06-23-01, 08:46 AM   #2  
What e-mail program are you using?

Visiting Guest

06-24-01, 12:52 AM   #3  
sparkys
Block

Originally posted by the_tow_guy
What e-mail program are you using?
Microsoft Internet Explorer is the e-mail program.

Visiting Guest

06-24-01, 12:57 AM   #4  
sparkys
Tow Guy, sorry about this; but its 3:25 am and I put down the wrong e-mail program.!!! ( It's Outlook Express. Sorry about that. Thanks again, Sparkys

Group Moderator

FL

06-24-01, 01:04 PM   #5  
I use Eudora 5.1 for mail, but opened Outlook Express and the mail blocking looks pretty straight forward. If you have the person's email address properly entered it should divert those messages to the delete folder. If you have a registered version of Windows, Microsoft has excellent tech support; you can post a question and a tech advisor will correspond by email until you get it worked out. I had to use them couple of months ago and I was impressed.

Visiting Guest

06-25-01, 03:08 AM   #6  
sparkys
Blocking unwanted email friends.

Thanks tow guy, I have the unwanted emails coming into my deleted folder now; but "also" I have went to Message Rules and clicked on "Create Rule from message"; clicked on Do not download it from server, but it "still" comes into my deleted file.
I then went to tools/Mail and did the same thing there but to no avail. There has to be "a way" of stoping itemail from just one person, surely. I just haven't found it yet, but will try the tech support for Microsoft. Thanks a lot for your help. Sparkys

WI

06-26-01, 07:00 AM   #7  
Try email chomper. I am not sure if it only allows you to check your email before of deleting or if you can have it delete certian mail for you with out having to check.

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0...lst-7-7.880606

Have you tried having outlook exp. delete mail from server if it is over a certian size?

Brian

Search this Thread