cellular phone choices

Old 06-25-21, 06:22 AM
P
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
cellular phone choices

Would you get Apple, or a Google like Galaxy or go as high as a Pixel?
Security is with Apple b/c they only have one phone to patch and send OTA fixes.
Pixel is taken care of Google well.
All other androids are not as secure as Google cannot take care of the tons of other android phones. Galaxy is exciting but lacks security compared to Pixel and Apple.
I owned a Galaxy and Apple and am thinking of getting the 13 when it comes out as the 12 is already out there.

Old 06-25-21, 06:43 AM
Received 625 Likes on 555 Posts
I can't offer any real suggestions, I'm an Android user. But I question why most people require a phone that is so secure that even the Government has trouble trying to break the security.
Unless you're a government employee, or in the military, or involved in very high finance, or involved in illegal operations, why does it matter if Aunt Flo calls you and is planning to visit next week?

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-25-21, 07:02 AM
P
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Banking

Banking is only one facet of the use of a phone.

Old 06-25-21, 05:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 629 Likes on 538 Posts
I personally do not care for Apple products as they have full control over what and how the phone works. With Android phones (Samsung, pixel, Motorola, etc) there is more freedom.

Old 06-25-21, 07:07 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 341 Likes on 307 Posts
Apple, Samsung and Google all make high quality phones. Both iOS (Apple) and Android (Google) are really great systems and pretty much everyone is happy with one or the other. And like many things, you'll find people who are huge fans of one or the other.

Having used both, I can say that in most cases, one isn't really better than the other. There are some features that are better on one than the other, but in the end, I'm quite sure you'll be happy with either one you choose.

Also, if you're looking for a phone that that's primarily a phone (voice, texting, web browsing some apps), there are some pretty decent off-brand Android phones that are much more value-priced. If you're one of those people who like all the features, use a bunch of apps, etc - I would definitely recommend a flagship phone (Pixel, Galaxy, iPhone). But otherwise a Blu, LG, or similar type of phone does pretty well.

From a security standpoint, iPhones are historically more secure than Android based on both the hardware and software. Though over the past few years, Android has caught up and I would consider them in general as secure.

(ps: I use an iPhone, I love it and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: