Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

USB Ports

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-24-01, 09:37 AM   #1  
my USB Ports just all of a sudden stopped working. have an aceo with 500mghz. pentium, 64 ram, 10 gig hard drive. have a scanner on one and a printer on the other. the computer doesn't even recognize them anymore. they are not in the device manager. i ran GO BACK and ZZ TOP and nothing. i reset and nothing. reboot after reboot and still nothing. it's like the things ain't even there anymore!!! HELP!!!!!

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-24-01, 09:38 AM   #2  
sorry, thats a 700mghz.

Visiting Guest

06-26-01, 11:57 AM   #3  
Bazooka227
Did you try reloading the USB drivers?

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

06-26-01, 01:17 PM   #4  
will they be on my windows 98 disc?? if so, how do i find them??

WI

06-27-01, 04:45 AM   #5  
I wouldn't use the USB drivers on your 98 cd, instead go to the website of the chipset menufacture that your motherboard uses, (via is http://www.viatech.com, not sure what SiS is, or intel) once you have the drivers go to device manager and remove all USB device(s) (ports) then reboot, system will detect and reload drivers, select have disk and browse to the location where you unzipped the drivers you just downloaded. you may need the 98 cd, but probabely not.
If you dont know the chipset hop on over to your mobo webste and they should either have the drivers, or have a link for you to go to to get them.

Brian

p.s. MS uses onesize fits all drivers for the most part, if at all possible use the drivers the manufacture of the device offers.

Search this Thread