Ripping from cassettes?

Old 06-25-01, 05:06 PM
Niranjan
Visiting Guest
I have absolutely no experience with CD-RW's as of yet. Can the software rip from cassettes if I play the songs through the line-in jack? Does anyone know if the software is "smart" enough to read the songs individually or would I have to play the songs one by one into the computer before burning to CDR's?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-01, 04:27 AM
BSB
I think you would have to pre-record everything you wanted to rip onto CD's. The same you would do with MP's. Its my understanding that you rip from your hd or another cd.

Brian

Old 06-26-01, 06:40 AM
Niranjan
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to convert my old cassettes to CD. The person at the CompUSA store yesterday told me there are no programs he knew of that could automatically read songs from cassettes. He said the only way to convert cassette to CD is to record the songs individually as .wav files; then after they are all done, burn them onto a CDR.

Old 06-29-01, 02:48 PM
Gary Tait
Visiting Guest
Get a program called CDwave. It will do what you want
(including auto track marks).

Old 06-29-01, 05:58 PM
Software to Rip From Cassettes

Snag a copy of Roxio Easy CD Creator 4.0 or later. It has a record feature that will watch for breaks in tracks and automatically create separate MP3 files. The bad thing is, at least on my copy of 4.05, it only rips to 96 kbps. This is good enough for computer listening but on a higher quality stereo you may notice a slight muddiness to the sound. I also personally use MusicMatch Jukebox and Real Jukeboxfor ripping and burning. MusicMatch Plus will let you convert from WAV, MP3, etc to other format with you selecting the bit rate for MP3s. I hope this helps.