Epson WF-3720 Firmware

Old 02-03-22, 11:56 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
Epson WF-3720 Firmware

Installing existing Epson 3720 to a new Windows 11 laptop.

I use off brand/generic ink cartridges, so I cant use the latest software/firmware. I have researched for the correct old firmware that I need to download for this application. I find many sites that offer instructions & video of how to "downgrade" to the older firmware. (I have done that previously with existing PCs but this is a new clean install)
Ok, so even if I find an older version to downland and install, upon completion of install, its going to search for & install the latest version of which I cant use. If anyone can give advice on this option, I'd appreciate it.

The only other option that I can think of is to go to control panel & "install new printer". Keep in mind, the printer already has its firmware installed for use with other PCs in the home. So, if I choose the "add new printer" option, will my new W-11 laptop automatically search for, & install the latest firmware, in this case?
I'm hoping I can just ad the new printer & use the firmware from the printer. However, I dont think its possible, but I wanted to ask for any advice here first.

Old 02-03-22, 05:03 PM
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Normally, when you install a printer on a new computer, you merely install the appropriate printer driver, so that the computer can communicate with the printer. The printer firmware is the printer's internal "machine code" (software) that makes the printer run. While some printers allow you to update the printer's firmware, it is a different procedure than installing a printer driver.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-16-22, 04:06 PM
D
Group Moderator
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
Update:

I couldnt really find a specific answer to my question so I.... just pushed the button. I simply went to add a printer & just added the printer. It apparently didnt need to download the software.
No issues. Prints fine with the generic ink.... so far.

Fingers crossed.

Old 02-16-22, 10:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,157 Likes on 2,837 Posts
Most operating systems have a lot of newer printer drivers already stored in a print driver file.
That's a fairly new printer.

If you didn't load the disc that came with the printer.... it won't search for a new driver or update.

The following users liked this post:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: