HDMI Problems

Old 02-14-22, 09:57 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HDMI Problems

I'm trying to connect my Hp computer to the tv via HDMI. I've had this computer about a week and it has windows 11. I had no problems with the new computer, the HDMI cable and the LG tv until the HDMI cable broke. It fell apart at the connection. I bought a new cable today, exactly like the old one - 25 ft., high speed, exactly the same numbers on the cable. Now I can't get the screen image on the tv. I connected the new computer to a monitor via the new HDMI cable and it worked just fine. I connected an old computer (windows 10) to the tv with the new cable (and a display port adaptor) and it worked just fine. When I try to connect the new computer to the tv, I normally get "no signal." For a while there I was getting a picture of my computer desktop on the tv, without it showing anything saved on it. When I opened a page on the computer, the tv still showed the desktop minus anything saved on it on. I've tried both HDMI ports on the tv, being careful to link up correctly with the input list. I've unplugged the tv and then every combination of turning the tv and computer on and off and plugging and unplugging the cables. The tv's attempts to connect are extremely slow - like whole minutes. Any ideas why I can't link the computer screen up with the tv? Thanks.

Old 02-15-22, 04:00 PM
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
When you connect a second display to a computer (laptop), you have a choice on how you want the display to function. You can either mirror the computer display (what you probably want), or you can "extend" the display, as if it was a single display.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-15-22, 04:23 PM
M
Are you talking about windows key/P? If so, I tried changing them. If that was the problem, would it work on my monitor?

Old 02-15-22, 04:31 PM
M
That's it! Yea Bob! It worked when I disconnected the HDMI first before switching it to duplicate. Thanks!
Martha

Old 02-16-22, 07:01 AM
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Martha, glad to hear you solved the problem. You'll find the setting that I was referring to in Display Settings/Multiple Displays.

The following users liked this post:

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: