Email app

Old 04-30-22, 07:18 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Email app

Any recommendations for a email app for Windows 11?
I am using Windows mail app now. I have noticed that sometimes emails are not sent. I was waiting on replies f only to find them still in the outbox or saved in drafts. Even after trying to send again they still did not send. This seems to be a issue after searching online for a fix. I have deleted and reinstalled accounts only to still have problems.

Old 04-30-22, 07:33 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
What email are you using? Hotmail? Live? I always recommend Gmail. I have been using it for many years and it is wonderful. I can easily access it from any computer if needed.

I never recommend outlook.

ThisOldMan voted this post useful.
Old 04-30-22, 07:39 AM
A
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Thunderbird is free. I've been using it for years, no issues.

Mikedel voted this post useful.
Old 04-30-22, 07:45 AM
N
I use gmail. I have a 2 accounts so I can't be logged into both at the same time using a browser.

Old 04-30-22, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 391 Upvotes on 319 Posts
I have two gmail accounts, and I can log in at the same time using a browser. When you're in your main account, click on your initial in the top right hand corner and you'll see the option to add an account. After you add your other account, you can then click on the initial and you'll see your other account in the list. When you click on it, it'll open in a new tab.

XSleeper voted this post useful.
Old 04-30-22, 09:40 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
Humm, with the exception of the member here who still uses an AOL email (I think), I guess I am the old timer here. I still use Yahoo & I have like 6 or 7 accounts & I can stay logged into all of them ... all ... the time. Just click the email you want in the list & it opens up. No signing in or anything.
I remember a few years back, someone asked: "You still use Yahoo mail?!" I remember thinking.. Ahhh, Yeah.

Old 04-30-22, 04:49 PM
Received 79 Upvotes on 69 Posts
I generally recommend Thunderbird to my clients that are looking for an email client. It's free, well supported, easy to use, and supports most email services. Note that Thunderbird is an email client (app), not an email service such as Gmail, Yahoomail, Hotmail, etc. Thunderbird supports having many different email accounts and services within a single window. For example, the email I setup for my church office has the secretary, priest, bookkeeper, and office accounts all visible on the same window. Some accounts are with the ISP, one with the website hoster, and one with Gmail (3 different services).

Old 04-30-22, 05:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I will give Thunderbird a try as I can't stand Outlook.

Old 04-30-22, 05:28 PM
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Most browsers will let you use Private mode (Control-Shift-N). You can log in with a second "different" account for gmail or yahoo.

Old 05-01-22, 04:58 AM
H
Received 296 Upvotes on 254 Posts
Eh, chiming in, I'm probably an outlier, because I manage a bunch of email accounts. Personal email, personal cell phone gmail, emails for 3 business gmail phones, personal emails for 2 businesses, and gmail from a senior family member's cellphone.

I still like and use MS Outlook Express because it creates a local archive of the email, as an actual file. (helpful for Realtor & Attorney record keeping, even though it takes up several gigabytes.)
Also, the Outlook Express sorting algorithm comes in handy for archiving emails by business transaction-

But, that being said, I have setup the OEM system of Win-10 version of MS Mail, as an easier "see every inbox at once" to scan down my personal email and for a parent who has vision problems.

So, the interesting difference is email systems that are EITHER A) easy to read RIGHT NOW or B) easy to create an ARCHIVE for business record keeping. Haven't found any that do both.
BUT, also not in a hurry to switch emails and setup multiple accounts on multiple desktops, laptops, and phones for each new email program.

Old 05-01-22, 05:44 AM
N
Thanks for all the suggestions.
I'm going to give Thunderbird a try. I like windows mail, just with the issues I am having that won't go away I need to try something else.

Old 07-27-22, 12:47 PM
I
It is a bit older, but I want to give a thumb up for Thunderbird. I am using it for many years now without any significant issues. Thunderbird is the first choice for business computers as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: