Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Some Great Programs.......

Visiting Guest

07-04-01, 10:11 AM   #1  
mikejmerritt
Ok, I may be a sucker for a download but I want to pass along some links to some downloads that are really worth having and all are free. First we must have an archiver-Get Power Archiver for this. To me it is more powerful and easy to use than WinZip and no cost. A great alternative to Notepad is Notetab. This an amazing little text editor. Aside from the dozens of functions it will let you copy many documents in the same window with access to them in separate windows like open program buttons in the taskbar. Notetab Light is free with upgrades available for a small fee and does not overwrite MS Notepad. For a clipboard use Yankee-Clipper. The great thing about Yankee-Clipper is anything that is copied goes straight to it and is saved in its own folder in one of five main folders which are:URL, Pictures, Text, Rich Text and All Formats. I like to work offline on DIY questons so I open one, copy it, open the next one, copy it and so on without fear of running out of clipboard space. Later I answer each in their own window and after getting back on line with a couple of key strokes I have them all pasted and submitted in minutes. Now you all know how I do so many posts so fast...LOL. Now for some fun.....Get Yahtzee a fine little free game. For a free golf game you won't believe get AboutGolf. The only thing is its 46megs and takes about 3 hours to download with 56k but the graphics are worth the space....Hope you enjoy....Mike

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

07-04-01, 10:39 AM   #2  
mikejmerritt
I hate to say that I just found out PowerArchiver 7.0 is not free but is now $19.99. Still worth it at that price....Mike

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

07-04-01, 03:17 PM   #3  
Thanks Mike for this informative posting. I will take your advice and try the programs.

Suggestion:
Copy your top posting then post it in the Hints, Tips and Tricks forum for others whom may not read this forum but may find your information valuable also.

Regards,
Tom

Visiting Guest

07-04-01, 03:28 PM   #4  
mikejmerritt
Tom, Give the PowerArchiver a try because we just downloaded it on my wifes machine and it is fully functional and although funds are mentioned it doesn't ask for any and doesn't mention it being a demo. Anyway, I burned my copy of the files to a disk so if they start charging I will have a version.....Mike

Search this Thread