Pushed alcohol through to old Epson WF-2630 printhead, then died

Old 08-08-22, 12:50 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pushed alcohol through to old Epson WF-2630 printhead, then died

It wasn't printing anything with new aftermarket cartridges so I pushed the alcohol through the top with a syringe and tube, took a day with rubber bands to hold pressure on the syringit was that clogged, installed cartridges, system went through "initializing" or something to prepare the new cartridges then screen went blank and since then haven't been able to turn it back on. Idk if the cleaning had anything to do with it. I put paper towel under the printhead to absorb the alcohol but maybe some got through to parts it shouldn't have? I wouldn't imagine that would be an issue. Anyone have any ideas? Might there be a reset switch/method to this machine? Thanks

Last edited by juntjoo; 08-08-22 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-08-22, 01:50 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
I can only guess that the pressure you applied behind the alcohol pushed into places which the printer could not handle.

Old 08-08-22, 06:08 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,564 Votes on 1,406 Posts
Ink jet printer cartridges don't work with any pressure. The ink wicks to the print head where an ultrasonic pulse makes a droplet jump off the print head and onto the paper. It's not like a spray gun with pressure. And, the alcohol itself may have damaged something. The alcohol could have loosened an adhesive or because it's so thin might have wicked into somewhere liquid shouldn't be.

Old 08-08-22, 06:49 AM
J
Well, in the printer circles it's what's recommended for clogged print heads. I've done it before and it's worked. In fact it just worked on a similar Epson printer.

Old 08-09-22, 05:18 AM
A
Received 215 Votes on 198 Posts
Did the printer circles recommend putting alcohol in a cartridge, installing that, and trying to run the printer? The only alcohol advice I have heard was to clean the exposed underside of the print head with alcohol.

Old 08-13-22, 11:58 AM
J
Allanj that's actually a good idea. Never heard that one though the thing with these epson cartridges is unless you have the particular chip resetter, the printer labels it as empty rendering it useless forever, so I've been learning I've actually got one of these resetters on the way. Got one a couple years back actually but it was DOA. Maybe I'll have better luck with this one. I wish I could find the instructions on how to DIY it yourself. I think I once read you could rig it uourself, a small voltage to run across a couple of the contacts to do the job. I'm tempted to try since it's only got like 7-9 contacts on the chip.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: