Canon Printer No Ink

Old 10-01-22, 12:32 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canon Printer No Ink

Last March my friend bought a PIXMA CANON TS3425 printer and all was find until the factory installed black cartridge got empty. So I bought a new black cartridge, install it and she printed about 20 pages and then the rest printing jobs started to have faded words like there is no enough ink. We went thru the process of cleaning/aligning the heads (3 times so far) or whatever they ask (itís a Canon utility we use to fix similar problems) but so far we have no lack, words are printed faded. The Canon utility shows the new black cartridge to be 3/4 full.

Just wonder if anyone knows about problems with this printer or suggestions on what else to do.

Thanks

Old 10-01-22, 12:37 PM
Received 282 Likes on 241 Posts
Is it a Canon cartridge or off-brand? If the print head is clogged it can take several (ink wasting) cleaning cycles to clear. Sometimes shaking the cartridge gently from side-to-side (not up-and-down which might cause ink to leak out) will get the ink flowing.

The following users liked this post:
Old 10-01-22, 12:46 PM
Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
I have had paper that was too shiny to print clearly. Maybe try different paper. You could also remove the cartridge and clean the bottom of it with rubbing alcohol. Hold the cartridge upright and wipe the bottom with a q-tip with the alcohol on it. Don't hold the cartridge upside down. Let dry and replace cartridge in printer and try printing.

The following 2 users liked this post by badeyeben:
Old 10-01-22, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 322 Likes on 256 Posts
Where I get confused is when you say "factory installed ink cartridge". They include them in the package, but they're not already installed. Is that what you mean or did she buy a printer from someone other than an authorized seller?
Either way, my experience from these printers is it's time for a new one.
If she bought it from a store this past March, it may still be under warranty. If that's the case, I'd exchange it for a new one.

Last edited by Shadeladie; 10-01-22 at 01:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shadeladie:
Old 10-01-22, 04:00 PM
The new black cartridge is “Moustache” and the printer accept it. I have been using this brand in my own Epson printer for years with no problems.

Paper used is not shiny, just regular printing paper.

Sorry, I should not have said “factory installed…” the cartridges were inside the box and I install them. Printer was bought from well-known store and will check the warranty for possible return/exchange.

But before I will do what is suggested to see if I can fix the problem.

Thanks to all

Old 10-01-22, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 322 Likes on 256 Posts
Well there's your problem. Off brands don't always work. Forget about taking it back to the store. They won't honor the warranty if you're not using Canon cartridges.

The following 2 users liked this post by Shadeladie:
Old 10-02-22, 06:27 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 170 Likes on 138 Posts
My Espon WF will give an error message when installing an off brand ink cartridge.
When you install it, then it does its thing to find & setup the cartridge, it will give an error message saying it cant find the cartridge. So, it would have never started printing.
I'm not saying that it didnt recognize this cartridge because if it printed at all, it must have found it & set it up.
I think there is another issue. I'd consider a bad/faulty cartridge. Possibly it just didnt get filled to capacity at the factory some how. Try changing out the cartridge.

But Shadeladie is correct, if you have an off brand cartridge in it, the warranty is void, I'm pretty sure.

Old 10-02-22, 07:57 AM
Received 282 Likes on 241 Posts
I have been using this brand in my own Epson printer for years with no problems.
Printer manufacturers have changed or added "features" in new printers to prevent the use of other than their own cartridges.

Contact the manufacturer of the cartridge explaining the problem and providing the printer model #. They may provide instructions (such as the shaking that I described in Post #2), or a replacement cartridge, or a refund.

The following 2 users liked this post by 2john02458:
Old 10-05-22, 02:37 PM
Printer business is a real racket guys, getting a set of original black/color cartridges will cost $80 and getting a new printer (with cartridges) will cost $60. So there a no brainer here, will go for a new printer.

Question here is do you have any feedback about these new “Eco Tank” printers? They are more expensive to buy and come with refill ink bottles instead of cartridges but I have no clue how good/bad they are

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: