Thinking about getting a new smart phone

Old 11-19-22, 08:39 PM
N
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about getting a new smart phone

I have an LG smartphone that I purchased on February 14th, 2018. It cost me $65. I have been a fairly light user. It is a Tracfone. Lately the run time has gotten quite short. Also, the battery appears to be bulging a bit on the sides. I looked at getting a new battery, but the only one I could find cost $40. I thought it might make more sense to get a new phone.

I looked at the Tracfone web site. They have phones starting at $30 and going up well over $100. I would like to send as little money as possible to the evil nation of China. The least expensive phones are appealing for that reason, but then there is the old saying "You get what you paid for." Are the $30 phones less reliable? Do they have drawbacks to their performance? Bear in mind, I don't care if the camera doesn't have that high a resolution, or if it doesn't have all the fanciest stuff.

What can you tell me about this issue?

Old 11-20-22, 06:43 AM
Received 996 Likes on 905 Posts
Do they have drawbacks to their performance?
Personally I cant believe that people spend big bucks for a device. I use my phone for calls and an occasional txt, I guess that is all some people need so personally a cheap or better yet free phone would suit me fine!

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-20-22, 06:59 AM
Group Moderator
Received 626 Likes on 535 Posts
If you like your phone and does everything you need it to do then I would just replace the battery. My phones tend to run out of storage space when they get to the end of their life due to apps and OS upgrades which I why I replace the entire phone. You can check eBay and buy a new phone for cheap and just transfer the sim card.

Old 11-20-22, 08:30 AM
H
Received 260 Likes on 222 Posts
Originally Posted by Marq1
Personally I cant believe that people spend big bucks for a device.
I'll extend that - a couple years ago my wife was looking at new eyeglasses, took up one of the chain-stores on their 'free eye exam' offer (which of course included MASSIVE up-sale marketing for the new $500 or $750 designer frames to go with the prescription polycarbonate lenses).

All of this left me speechless, as I'd just upgraded my Sprint smartphone (with polycarbonate touch screen) for about $35.
I can understand cutting-edge technology driving the cost of a smartphone up around $500, but can't for the life of me understand paying $500 for designer eyeglass frames...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: