Windows upgrade CD

Old 07-13-01, 07:10 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hello. Anyone have an upgrade cd windows 98 second edition? Im running first edition. I have second full version and ME full version but dont want to reformat and install a newer os, don't want to lose what I have in my computer. I don't want ME. My wife has ME and I don't like that os at all. Let me know. Greg.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-01, 05:43 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Shame on U...

There is no such thing as an OS of Microsoft that has been pirated. 98 upgrade from BestBuy is less than $80.00. I am running MS ME on 3 different systems and it is the most stable and cohesive OS MS has built short of the NTSF format. I also have Win 2000 but haven't tried it yet. I have been waiting for over a year for ME to fail. ME is computer intensive though. 128 megs of ram and at least a 100 MHz buss speed and a 300 MHz CPU is required. By the way, there is no such thing as a 98 SE2 upgrade. SE2 is an OS unto itself...

Old 07-13-01, 07:30 PM
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hey bigmike I got a cd today. By upgrade there is a windows 98 second edition upgrade CD. What it is, after windows 98 came out it had bugs in it, so came second edition, the upgrade version is not a full OS but just the newer files needed to fix the bugs in the first edition. If you like ME then it is for you. My wife has it on her computer and it is very ram hungry, plus the hangtime, thats why I just want to stick with second edition. Thanks for the reply. Greg.

Old 07-13-01, 09:09 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
The extras found on the Win98se CD can be downloaded free at MSKB but not as an all at once download. You have to know what you want and get them one at a time. If you bought a Win98se disk you wasted $80 on Win 98FE plus a couple of extras.....Mike