Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

history

07-18-01, 06:31 AM   #1  
why will my compiter not let me delte history trail?

Not talking about data files retaining history. I mean address bar still shows history even when i go to preferences, internet settings, and click to clear history.
Was recently hacked and did restore, changed password, etc. Still cannot delete history.

Btw, how do i dump cache? Been a while.

Tx

Sponsored Links

07-18-01, 06:46 AM   #2  
history. Bingo!

k, guys, got it. Went to tool bar and deleted history trail. When I feel up to it I will attempt to really delete ALL history from data files even if i have to get another program to do it. Tx anyway

07-24-01, 04:55 PM   #3  
TweakUI

Tweak UI is a free download from ZDnet.com there is a tab called Paranoia that lets you set your computer to cover your tracks with History, Temp Int. Files and address bar history. Saves a lot of time and trying to find out where they hid the goods on you and your privacy. I never had windows 95 but I understand it was on that OS, they took it off 98. You can get it to work on 98 by when it asks for the disk(95) point and click the setup file in the folder you opened Tweak UI into. ZD givs good directions. Then it will set its self up in the control panel. Marturo

07-24-01, 06:02 PM   #4  
history

tx may check it out
is it better than the spider program i have seen mentioned?

07-24-01, 06:20 PM   #5  
Spider

I realy don't know much about the Spider Prg. I guess MS put this out to allow the user to fine tune his settings in Windows 95. I have been using this for three years and two Computers, and it works well. It belongs in Win 98 so you can fine tune your computer. Marturo

WI

07-25-01, 04:26 AM   #6  
TweakUI is a settings modification program that allows you to tune your system, (if you know what you are doing) while spyder is just a short simple little program that deletes .dat files. No similarity between the two. TweakUI can also be found on your "full" copy of 95,98 under powertoys.

Brian

Search this Thread