BIG FIX

Old 07-23-01, 02:44 PM
Question

Hi Everyone: Has anyone here ever heard of BIG FIX.COM They have a FREE Download that is suppose to SEND UP A FIXLET and tell you about what problem you are going to have with your PC and TELLS You how to FIX IT with just a click of your MOUSE? I would like to Download it and try it but I wanted to see if anyone know's anything about it first! Anyone at all please let me know?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-01, 04:40 AM
BSB
Never heard of em, I would also suggest being carefull with the download if you choose to try it out. sure it may send you info on how to fix your machines current problem. But the program may also send "additional" information about your surfing habits, personal settings, and some other stuff, you might find yourself on the recieving end of a mass email marketing snaffu. Its bad enough that a lot of sites can already get quite a bit of info from you by use of cookies. Unless you practic "safe" surfing, such as naming your pc "pc user" suggested by dkerr ( what a great idea, that never dawned on me) and delete your internet hitory dat files.

Brian

Brian

Old 07-31-01, 05:15 PM
About Big Fix!

Neither the BigFix program nor the BigFix web site places cookies on users' computers. BigFix makes it a point not to compromise your privacy in any way. We do not store any information about your computer on your computer, and we do not transfer any information from your computer to our server. In addition, all evaluation of Fixlet content is done on your local system. I STARTED USING BIG FIX AND SO FAR ITS BEEN HELPING ME WITH SECURITY IN MY E-MAIL AND HELPING ME WITH AVOIDING FUTURE CRASH'S ETC. ALSO ANYTHING YOU DOWNLOAD CAN BE UNDONE! SO FAR I LIKE IT. TOM