Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Any way to put a password on Outlook Express?

Visiting Guest

07-30-01, 06:18 AM   #1  
Niranjan
I use Outlook Express (I think v5.5) with POP3 email from my ISP. I have set it so that you can't check for new email without putting in the correct password, but a nosy person can still read the email that is already in "Inbox" or "Sent" folders. Is there some way I can put a password on the entire Outlook Express program so that to even launch it, you would need to put in a password? Or, at least, a password on the individual folders?

I did File -> Identity -> Manage and put in a password, but that is only to change the Identity. Double clicking on Outlook Express will still show the folders.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

WI

07-30-01, 09:14 AM   #2  
the password option will work, you just have to log off when you quit. go to file, switch id, log off, when you start back up it will prompt you for a password.

Brian

Visiting Guest

07-30-01, 06:39 PM   #3  
Niranjan
Thanks BSB, yes, I was not actually logging off - I was just exiting the program. It's kind of a pain - I was looking for a way Outlook Express would log off automatically when I exit, but I couldn't find any such feature. Oh well, it's a small price to pay to have the security.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread