Saving Network User Name/Password

Old 08-03-01, 10:10 AM
Cool

I have an Intranet connection to the home office website of my real estate franchise.
Whenever I first try to logon it to update my office website (which requires another logon), a panel pops up requiring me to enter my User Name and Password.
Although I check Save Password, it doesn't, and I have to fill in User Name and Password (LONG assigned letters and numbers) every time.
I have Win 98.
How do I get this thing to remember my User Name and Password, so that I can just click O.K., and get past it so that I can logon to the home office site?
Thanks. Mike

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-01, 04:34 AM
saved password?

Hi I just had the same problem! I was told you have to save the password to disk if you want it to remember your password each time you log on BUT I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT WHEN YOU DO THAT SOMEONE CAN GET ACCESS TO IT ON THE INTERNET So I don't bother with putting it on disk! It is rare that anyone would do that but it can be done (I was told).

Old 08-04-01, 04:53 AM
BSB
I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly.
um....You dialup and logon (username and psswd) then when you go to save? changes this also requires a seperate and differnt log on?, but is also requiring you to verify the first log on? or is it the 2nd log on you wish to bypass?

After you log on to both areas does it give you the logon screen each update during the same session? (meaning you have not disconnected between 2 or more updates) if you are only getting both screens only when connecting for the first time, sounds like the local system is is dumping the "saved username and psswrd" requested by the remote host when it disconnected. If this is the case there really isn't anyway to work around it. Is a default security failsafe in your network OS. The local or server pc is going to dump all security info pertaining to the remote upon disconnect and will require all info for the next session.

Brian

Old 08-04-01, 10:11 AM
Cool

I wanted to bypass the first network logon by just clicking o.k. (with the user name and password for that SAVED).
I know that I cannot do that for the second level of user name and password access to the corporate site. I always have to enter user name and password for the second.
It's for the first logon that I wanted to save and hit o.k.
From what I'm understanding, it is not possible to SAVE the user name and password for either, because they're dumped for security in between connections.
Thanks for your advice, though. It answered my question.
No can do.
Mike

Old 08-04-01, 08:45 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool TweakUI

Hey Oldguy whats up? Find a program on your Win98 disk in tools for TweakUI. Very neat little program that will save your password/logon and do it for you. But it gives anyone access to your system. I have posted it here before, it will clean up your desktop and do multiple other little tricks. Very small, very stable and very handy. It's not on the Win ME CD but it is on all the 98 CD's.

Old 08-05-01, 02:06 AM
Cool

Hey Mike!
I definitely have no film when it comes to computers. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find it.