Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bad RAM?

Group Moderator

FL

08-11-01, 04:37 PM   #1  
Ok you computer geeks, help me out here. In the process of troubleshooting a problem with my modem (it died, couldn't connect at anything over 26,666k; verified by swapping modems from my spare computer) I ran the PC Checkup function in my McAfee Nuts & Bolts program and among other things it usually tells me, I got a reading of "memory errors" - specifically it says "RAM error 7F90 Physical RAM - Butterfly". Bad RAM? I'm running 2 64mb DIMMs.
When I ran the check a second time it came back negative and I also ran a RAM diagnostics utility I have and got no apparent errors. One time RAM glitch? System operating fine, so don't know what to think.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

08-11-01, 05:25 PM   #2  
bigmike
Test

Take the RAM out and go to a good computer repair station in your area. They will have a device that can check the memory. In my experiance, once RAM fails that's it.

Group Moderator

FL

08-12-01, 07:14 AM   #3  
Thanks. Figured it was an all or nothing proposition; just not sure why I got an error/bad ram reading once but now says no errors.

Search this Thread