Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lurking Boss, Hidden Cookies

08-13-01, 09:32 AM   #1  
Through my job I have a lap-top with internet access (I pay for internet and not connected to the work system). We just found out that everyone with laptops are due for an "inspection." I am a little worried about some of the sites I have visited, as they are not work related. They aren't bad sites (readorn) just fun things and frequent visits to DoItYourself. As I am a supervisor, any non-business surfing might be frowned upon.

I have gone into Windows Explorer and deleted all 'History' items as well as all "Temporary Internet' files.

Is there anything else I can and should do to remove any traces of non-work internet?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

BGH

Sponsored Links

WI

08-14-01, 04:16 AM   #2  
check out my post on internet history in the hints and tips section. have to search back more then 30 days. will clean up the system. Unless you do not have admin rights the program will clean up your system pretty good.

Brian

08-14-01, 09:35 AM   #3  
Brian - I looked for your post but couldn't find. Where might the Hints and Tip section be? I looked on main page, checked forums and did a search but couldn't find.

I am really interested in your response, so please get back to me on where to find your info.

Thanks.

BGH

WI

08-15-01, 04:14 AM   #5  
sorry, was not the hints and tips section. was the hints and tips forum. the 2nd one from the top I think.

IL

08-15-01, 05:47 AM   #6  
Another long term solution is to install another browser. If your corporate stuff is on IE use Netscape as your personal browser. Before you take it in for service just uninstall the secondary browser. (Warning it is almost impossible to fully uninstall IE.) If your company keeps both IE and Netscape on the laptop there are several other lesser known browsers out there and some hackerware.

08-15-01, 07:14 AM   #7  
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It will come in handy.

BGH

Search this Thread