on-line info software

Old 08-31-01, 12:59 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wondering if any of the on-line info programs, Online Detective, etc, are safe and legit.

Oh, and still wondering why I have User file with the name Greg at the first of it. Not sure if i ever got a response.

Old 09-01-01, 12:54 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Evening, boman:
I'm not sure what you are looking for. But, check out this site and see if that solves your problem:
https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

And, the site is completely legal.

Smokey

Old 09-01-01, 02:23 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
http://www.internetdetective.net/

Is that the program you are refering to ?

I just briefly check the site, some of what they say you can find out about yourself or anyone else, to me borders on invasion of privacy. It might be (if it indeed works) help in tracking a family tree, or finding what is on record about yourself, or checking the background about someone you are about to do business with. But it can also be abused, and th elegality and implemcations of it , I'm not a lawyer. Even though my curiousity would love to try it, I personally would not buy it, as when you start to check fbi records, you open yourself up to being tracked, and I really am not sure as an individual what is available under freedom of information and what is considered invasion of privacy, a lawyer may figure that fine line out but not me.

Most of the stuff on the internet is legit, but like anything else when it comes to sales pitches and ads , if it it has cross your mind to ask, and are suspicious of something, go with with instints and move on. The internet has everything you ever dreamed of and everything you ever wanted, together with everything you ever hated and disliked, the internet is a whole mix of things.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: