Error Message

Old 08-24-01, 05:11 AM
Visiting Guest
At least once a day I receive an error message stating that "JAVARUN has caused an error in KERNEL 32.DLL". This mostly occures at boot-up time but has occured while on the internet and off.

I have a 866 Pentium III Dell with Windows ME.

I contacted Dell and they stated that I have to uninstall and then reinstall the applications that are causing the error message. How can I tell which applications are causing the problem if I get it when the computer is booting up? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-01, 06:07 PM
I don't use ME, however, try disabling the Java engine through the Security tab (custom level) on the Internet Explorer Properties sheet and on the Advanced tab ensure that Java VM boxes are unchecked - then a cold boot.

Old 08-27-01, 06:27 PM
The easiest way is to run a search; right click the start menu,choose find, choose look in "C" of other hard drive, and then and type in javarun. If you lucky it will take you to a directory that belongs to an application. If it takes you to a Windows directory try temporarily renaming the file and see which program stops working.

If you don't find anything that way the next time you see the error while working in windows do a ctrl-alt-del and see what progams are running at that time. My guess is that it is something like a media player or a utility running in the systray.

Search this Thread