Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can't Save

Visiting Guest

09-06-01, 01:54 PM   #1  
dntdualm130
To Whom It May Concern,
This is the first time I came to this site. I am having problems saving my text to a floppy(3 1/2). I am using MicroSoft Word 2000. Every time I click on the save I-Con for the floppy nothing happens. I tried in another program to save something and it worked.
Please Help
Charlie

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

09-07-01, 12:36 AM   #2  
mikejmerritt
dntdualm130, Are you able to right click a file and "Send To" your your floppy?

IL

09-07-01, 05:07 PM   #3  
I think you may have fallen victim to Microsoft "Cute" icons. The default location for saving a file in Word is the "My Documents" Folder and sometimes the "Personal" Folder. Also, If you have already saved a file once or openned a file by double clicking it and then hit the icon to save it appears as if nothing happened but Word saves it where ever you openned it from.

One quick tip, if your planning to save a document to a floppy click on "File" then "Save As" then in the document name type "A:/filename.doc" This cuts out all the scrolling through pull down menus and clicking through folders to find the location you want.

Search this Thread